I’m delighted to announce that Cambourne’s new mobile Post Office is up and running and wanted to post details of its operational routine here:
- Opening - Wednesdays from 12:15 to 16:00
- Location - the Hub car park behind the Cambourne community centre, High Street, Great Cambourne, CB23 6GW
- Services - a wide range of services are available. Customers can still collect benefits in cash using the everyday banking services or Post Office card account
- Access and facilities - there is a step into the Mobile vehicle, but an electronic tailgate is available to facilitate easy access for wheelchair users and those with disabilities
- Parking - parking available close to the Mobile Van
The Post Office were clear that public feedback had informed their decision-making regarding this service and any decisions relating to its future will take account of user patterns. Please ensure that you make use of this local facility so that we can push forward to request a permanent Post Office in future years.
The public consultation is now closed, however you can comment on the new service by commenting on the Post Office's website. Click here and remember to quote Cambourne's code: 02345899 in your response.